Thursday, January 4, 2007

The Hope of an Education

No matter what you think about Oprah, no matter what you think about her latest endeavor to build a school for young girls in South Africa this story is amazing.

Having been to South Africa this story in particular is meaningful to me. In a place where ubuntu exudes out of every corner, it is hard for me to criticize her overwhelming gift.

It is difficult to imagine what I would do with the amount of money that Oprah has and has influence over. But I only hope that I would do something as significant as opening a school such as her Leadership Academy.

Tonight, I will dream of more ways like this, that have great potential to change the world.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

amen and amen. i agree with you 100%. and great to learn a new word! :) hope you guys are well.